Are you one of those people looking for ways to add value to their property and improve the aesthetics at the same time? Are you planning to renovate your garden? Here are for you seven landscape design secrets that are extremely simple and effective to implement.
- Architecture: According to landscaping experts, it is important that you keep the architecture of your house in mind when choosing the plants. Especially when the façade of the house is plain, you need to mask it with show-stopper plants like Culver’s root, Helianthus ‘Lemon Queen’, Impatiens tinctoria and others.
- Paving: An outside seating area comes in very handy for those who entertain guests at dinner or lunch. Recycled pavers are an effective and cheap way of creating an attractive outdoor seating area, without spending too much. The paved area requires just enough space for chairs and tables.
- Turf lawn: Laying a turf lawn is comparatively a low-cost affair. Couch grass rolls can be bought at a cheap price from most landscaping yards. Kids and even adults do love a small lawn area, which is definitely a good element to add to your garden. Children will enjoy rolling around there, play outdoor games, or make fun under a sprinkler.
- Garden hedges: Hedging your garden area is a great way of making it look bigger while softening the outdoor space. The following plants will amply suit this purpose in most Californian conditions: Manzanitas, Service Berry, Carpenteria californica, Bush anemone, Buckbrush, Island Mountain mahogany, and the like. These hedges can be bought from your local nursery or with the help of a good landscaping expert.
- Garden plants: Garden plants for filling up the garden beds should be chosen for great looks and low maintenance costs. The following would be ideal: Santa Barbara Daisy, Mexican feather grass, Echinocactus grusoni, Sunset Strain, Nassella tenuissima, Cape Blanco, Voodoo, Angelina and the like. Also, to enhance the looks of the plants, make sure you place them in such a way that they offer contrasting textures, foliage, flowers and colors. These small details go a long way in embellishing the overall appearance of the garden.
- If you intend to sell your house in the near future, then it’s best to hire a landscaping expert to take over the garden and develop it for you. The expert can add shrubs and annuals that blossom with scented flowers. These touches will help in boosting not only the aesthetic appeal of your garden but also the price of your house.
- Mulch: A layer of mulch makes a garden bed look tidier and more appealing. You can obtain from local nurseries a variety of mulch readily available.
And therefore, with a little effort and some creativity, you can easily add plenty of value to your property; you can enhance the aesthetics of your house without much strain on your bank account. What do you wait for? Go ahead renovating your garden!